Thursday 29 January 2015

Joseph Mbu resumes in Lagos, warns policemen, civilians

Joseph Mbu resumes in Lagos, warns policemen, civilians



THE new Assistant Inspector General of Police (AIG) in charge of zone 2 Command, Onikan, Joseph Mbu, has warned policemen and politicians to be law-abiding during the 2015 elections.

Mbu, who resumed on Wednesday at the zone 2 headquaters, where he was handed over to by the outgoing AIG Umar Manko, speaking shortly after the handing over, said “I have come to Lagos to do pure police job and nothing more, but if people are saying that the fear of Mbu is the beginning of wisdom, I like that.

“People should live in an orderly manner. I want the two Commissioners of Police under my command to make sure that they do their jobs very well.

“My men and officers should make sure they are disciplined and must not be lawless. We all must be organised.

“If you are a civilian, you must obey the laws, because if you don’t, whatever your status, we will bring you down and take you to court, but if you obey the laws, we will not have any problem with you.”

Mbu warned that “if you want to misuse my policemen, I will say no. If you are not entitled to the use of policemen, but have, I will withdraw them. If you insult my men, I will not take it, I will prosecute you.”

The new AIG also added that “policemen on the streets represent us and they are the symbol of Nigeria.They represent me, Inspector General of Police and the president of Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment