Tuesday 31 March 2015

Jonathan: Today, PDP should be celebrating rather than mourning

Jonathan: Today, PDP should be celebrating rather than mourning

Fellow Nigerians,
I thank you all for turning out en-masse for the
March 28 General Elections. I promised the country
free and fair elections. I have kept my word. I have
also expanded the space for Nigerians to participate
in the democratic process. That is one legacy I will
like to see endure.
Although some people have expressed mixed feelings
about the results announced by the Independent
National Electoral Commission (INEC), I urge those
who may feel aggrieved to follow due process based
on our constitution and our electoral laws, in
seeking redress.
As I have always affirmed, nobody’s ambition is
worth the blood of any Nigerian. The unity, stability
and progress of our dear country is more important
than anything else.
I congratulate all Nigerians for successfully going
through the process of the March 28th General
Elections with the commendable enthusiasm and
commitment that was demonstrated nationwide.
I also commend the Security Services for their role
in ensuring that the elections were mostly peaceful
and violence-free.
To my colleagues in the PDP, I thank you for your
support. Today, the PDP should be celebrating rather
than mourning. We have established a legacy of
democratic freedom, transparency, economic growth
and free and fair elections.
For the past 16 years, we have steered the country
away from ethnic and regional politics. We created a
Pan-Nigerian political party and brought home to
our people the realities of economic development
and social transformation.
Through patriotism and diligence, we have built the
biggest and most patriotic party in Nigerian history.
We must stand together as a party and look to the
future with renewed optimism.
I thank all Nigerians once again for the great
opportunity I was given to lead this country and
assure you that I will continue to do my best at the
helm of national affairs until the end of my tenure.
I have conveyed my personal best wishes to General
Muhammadu Buhari.
May God Almighty continue to bless the Federal
Republic of Nigeria.

No comments:

Post a Comment