Monday 16 April 2018

Police Arrest Primary School Dropout Working as Medical Doctor in Lagos

Police Arrest Primary School Dropout Working as Medical Doctor in Lagos

The police in Lagos have blown the whistle on a primary school dropout who has been practising as a medical doctor in Lagos for four years.

Thirty-nine-year old Abdulrahman Mohammed told reporters at a police parade in Ikeja, today, that he was a medicine merchant, but the police found that he had been giving his patients intravenous injections, conducting medical tests, and taking their urine and blood samples.

He said that he was buying his drugs from Idumota market.

The fake doctor, Mohammed, and medical items allegedly recovered from him.

Mohammed was paraded alongside a dismissed policeman, Gimba Zalaba, who was found doing illegal activities in police uniform.

Addressing reporters at the parade, the state commissioner of police, Mr Imohimi Edgal said “Detectives from the Area D Command, Mushin, arrested one Abdulrahman Mohammed, a native of Ran Village in Gamboru Ngala local government area of Borno State for operating as a medical doctor at House Number 3, Bamishile Street, at Idi -Araba, whereas his education stopped at primary school level.

“Further investigation into the activities of Abdulrahman Mohammed, who has been impersonating as a medical doctor for the past four years revealed that he had been practicing as a doctor since 2014. He had been administrating intravenous injections, conducting medical test on his patients, and taking urine and blood samples from his patients. According to him, he buys his drugs from Idumota market.”

Narrating how he was arrested, Mohammed said, “I was a hawker. I was hawking drugs before I decided to open a pharmacy. I did not finish my primary school and I was not taught to sell the drugs. My pharmacy was not licensed.”

The arrested fake policeman, Zalaba.
On his part, the fake policeman said, “My name is Gimba Zalaba. I was dismissed in 2015 because I travelled without permission for one month.

The police declared me a deserter and that was what led to my dismissal. Someone called me to come and carry out a security job, but I did not have money so I wore the uniform to get free ride. I was however arrested under the bridge at Ikeja.”

No comments:

Post a Comment