Saturday 25 April 2015

I won’t die because Jonathan lost election –Clark

I won’t die because Jonathan lost election –Clark

A former Federal Commissioner for Information, Chief Edwin Clark, has
said it is wrong for anyone to think that he would die because
President Goodluck Jonathan lost the March 28 presidential election.
Clark, who was one of the supporters of the President, spoke with
journalists on Friday in Abuja.
He said some people had been going round with rumours that he
collapsed when he heard about the outcome of the presidential
election.
It will be recalled that the All Progressives Congress presidential
candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari(retd.), defeated Jonathan, the
Peoples Democratic Party candidate in the election.
Clark, who said he was travelling to London on Friday night, said he
decided to speak with journalists before the rumour mongers would go
to the market again and say that he had been flown abroad in air
ambulance.
The Ijaw National leader wondered why some people could be thinking
he would die when he was not the one that contested election.
He said even the President that stood for the election had conceded
defeat and congratulated Buhari.
He said, “I am here today to tell you that I am not dead. Or am I
dead? In every election, there would be winners and losers. The same
thing happened during the last presidential election.
“I am alive. Today, I won’t talk about what happened before, during
and after the election. That will come another day.
“I am talking to you now because I am travelling tomorrow and some
people will go into the streets and say I was carried into air
ambulance.
“President Jonathan that contested election had congratulated the
winner and the whole world acclaimed him for conceding defeat.
“Jonathan was the one who contested election, I didn’t. So, why
should I die.”

No comments:

Post a Comment